My favorite cooking ingredient (aside from olive oil) is garlic. Call me crazy, but I love the aftertaste and don’t mind having garlic breath allllll night long (sorry, Zach!). Instead of playing the supporting role, today garlic gets to stand all on its own as the star of the show!
Oven roasted garlic is always a fabulous idea, but have you ever thought about tossing it on the grill? Took half the time it takes in the oven, added a nice grilled flavor and Zach had to do the work – not me…triple score!
Italian Grilled Garlic Ingredients:
2 whole garlic heads, tops trimmed ¼ inch to expose cloves
2 teaspoons of dried Italian seasoning
2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Place heads of garlic on a piece of aluminum foil (about a foot long).
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning evenly over garlic heads and drizzle with olive oil.
- Wrap seasoned garlic heads up in the foil tightly making a little aluminum rocket for the garlic’s trip to the grill…
- Place foil
pouchrocket on grill and cover grill with lid.
- Cook for about 20 minutes (or until garlic is soft and squeezable).
- When soft, squeeze garlic out of skins and serve on crackers, toasted pitas, fresh vegetables or my personal favorite – fresh sourdough bread.
Squeeze the soft garlic cloves out of the skins, spread on a toasted piece of sourdough and…
Sha-bam, easy and delicious party appetizer (depending on how fearless your party crowd is with their breath freshness!) Or enjoy nibbling this dish with your loved one and a glass of vino. That works too…stinky smooches tonight, baby!!
Zach-o-meter: always loves showing off his grill skills and this time was no different. He was impressed. Great date night out on the party patio – vino, good nibbles and great fun.
Hope you enjoy as much as we did!
Download a printable (pictureless) recipe PDF by clicking the below link:
Dine with a Darling – Italian Grilled Garlic PDF